Now some say that the third tithe is done away with and that we only have to follow the ten commandments---which we can't keep, and doesn't mention tithing. Remember this the next time your minister exhorts people to tithe while ignoring the rest of the law.
The law was not done away with by Jesus, only the penalty. He said that the whole law was summarized by loving God and loving your neighbor (Matthew 22:36-40). Giving to someone in need is great example of loving of your neighbor. There are other elements that go along with giving, but lets test the Bible verses that says G-d blesses those who give.
My wife and I give at least 3.34 percent our income, sometimes more, to those in need.
1. First time I gave, it was $50. It came back to me multiplied 10 times.
2. One time I gave $20 and it came back to be in the form of a $100.
3. Before our wedding, I gave $30 to someone in need. By that afternoon, our entire wedding was paid for by the generosity of family and friends.
4. A total stranger saw the "Just Married" sign on the back our car and gave us a hundred dollar bill.
5. G-d blessed me with a brand new free a guitar last December.
6. From time to time, G-d leads people to bless us with money.
7. My wife and I participated in a jury research project and were paid $60 each just to give feed-back.
8. I made $120 spending 15 minutes as a reporter on a court hearing.
9. I won a prize this week worth $108.
10. I've already been able to replace a hat that was stolen after I surrendered it to the Lord.
Now, we aren't rich, but the Lord takes care of our needs and then a lot more. So you can either call me and G-d liars, or you can believe my testimony and His word.