I have only worked three weeks out of the past 12 months. We are not on food stamps. We have never had to be on public assistance to pay our bills. We always have some money in our bank account. We are not rich but we know the keys to God's provision.
This is not a prosperity teaching. "Name and claim it" teachings are forms of witchcraft and will lead to poverty. I also can't promise God will make you a millionaire. However, He will provide for all your needs when you need it.
1. Surrender all your finances to the Lord. I haven't asked for money in almost a year. Last week, we got an unexpected refund when it didn't seem we would be able to pay our bills.
2. Give ten percent of your income to the local church. That's the only amount God requires for Himself.
3. Give at least 3.34 percent of your income to someone in need (Deuteronomy 14:26-28). Be willing to give more than that if the Lord leads. I gave a couple in need $50 one week. The following week, people gave me $550 that I didn't even ask for! Another week, I gave $20 for the poor and God multiplied it 5 times. I never claimed any blessing when I gave. I surrendered it to the Lord to use it the way He WANTS. I gave $30 to the poor without claiming any blessing. That afternoon, our wedding was completely paid. Again, while I was unemployed.
4. Ask forgiveness if you ever named seed offerings. Surrender all claim to those offerings and give them completely to the Lord.
5. Forgive others. You will be in debt as long as you hold others in debt.